We families are like roots and branches on a tree, as we grow in different directions yet our roots remains as one. International family day is celebrated on 15th may all around the world. The family is the smallest building block of society and for sure the most important as well. Having strong family bonds provides support and safe environment which are necessary for an individual development. The utmost reality of this Day is to acknowledge the people about the benefits of a family system. Family Day provides an opportunity to resolve the family affecting issues.
History of International day of family:
In 1993, united nations passed a resolution to showcase the determination of the organisation to encourage better living standard. In 1994, united nations officially declared international day of family. The day is mainly celebrated to know and recognize that the families are the central part of any society.
International day of families are mainly celebrated to showcase hows strengthened family unit eventually helps in strengthening societies and nations.
International day of family – The symbol:
The symbol of the International Day of Families comprises of a solid green circle with a red image of a schematic drawing element of a house and a heart in the center of the circle. This powerful symbol emphasizes the safe and supportive environment to a family.
Themes – International day of family:
In 1995, during the conferences held in Beijing and Copenhagen, there was a proposal to portray the importance of families and their roles in social development. Every year, the United Nations decides upon a theme for the International Day of Families. This helps to define the overall direction of the issues that will be highlighted and to be focused.
- 2020 – Families in development
- 2019 – Families and climate action
- 2018 – Families and inclusive societies
- 2017 – Families, education and well being
- 2016 – Families, healthy lives and sustainable future
How can you celebrate Family day:
We all know that Indians are brought up with a strong connection with their families. In fact, there are still live joint family set up in some parts.This can also be celebrated with various organisations and companies also. This allows family members of the employees to understand the company culture and bonds. It includes games, music shows and dance performances.
- Great day to spend with your family. you can play some fun games, singing competition can be held and more.
- Later ask for family members and talk about any issues or problems they are facing and a find a solution for it.
- This day can be used as to create a memories and plan a photo shoot with family.
- We can celebrate this day with people who are part of your society and also your neighborhood. This is a great way to connect with your community.
- Teach your family about community service and programs to be involved.
Also read: How to maintain your relations with family
Being a family means means you are a part of something very wonderful. It allows you to love and be loved for the rest of your life. It is here that children are taught how to interact and integrate with other members of society. Parents are supported by their families as well. It is important to take the time to nurture familial bonds and address problems faced by families. If a family unit is happy and healthy, the individual members of such a family are sure to become healthy and contributing members of society.
No family is perfect, we argue, we fight and we even stop talking to each other at times but family bonds will be there till the end.