Yoga is a festival of globe. With the concern of Prime minister of India we celebrate this great festival world wide. Every year International yoga day is celebrated on June 21. If we practice yoga regularly we can able to control self mind, body and also soul. It always keeps away stress and anxiety and makes you relax. Yoga day is very significant to aware people the benefits of it. Across the world 170 countries were supported by the proposal of International yoga day.
History and significance:
The practice of yoga was emerged since the Indus – sarasvati civilization over 5000 years ago. The first thirtanakara of Jainism rishaba, Ishvaku is founder of yoga. The oldest form of yoga is vedic yoga which is in Rig Veda. It is perhaps may written some 10,000 years ago during satya yuga. Yoga is a Sanskrit word which means union. The purpose and concept of international yoga day was proposed by prim minister of India Mr. Narendramodi. God of yoga is Shiva who was called Adiyogi.
Spread of Yoga:
The word yoga became very popular in 3rd century in other religions like Jain, Hindu, Buddhist. In 5th century yoga was for meditation and religious use only. Earlier yoga was just for spiritual purpose but now the need has been changed, it has become a way of living and adopted by all religious and culture.
Benefits of doing yoga regularly:
- Depression and stress can be overcome by doing yoga. By practicing yoga daily we can able to increase the thinking power of brain.
- Building strength, harmony in mind, body is main intention of doing yoga.
- Yoga is just a form of meditation and involves breathing exercises which makes people life better.
- It prevents back pain, support joint health, increases muscle tone and also enhance flexibility.
- Mainly yoga is useful for self healing and for better relationship in the society.
- Regular practice of yoga is useful to help weight loss and also improve immunity power and makes to adopt healthier life style.
- Yoga is very much useful in cardio and circulatory health. Self confidence can be increased by doing yoga asanas.
- Balanced metabolism can be maintained, and looks younger as the years pass on.
- Yoga keeps you active all the while and indulge in all activities.
Today yoga is practiced by millions of people world wide. Yoga is a mediator to connect with nature. It is proud concept for Indians to share our great culture and heritage of yoga with all countries around the world and makes every one to reap the advantages of yoga. By the years passing International yoga day is proving itself more successful.